|Thirteen Things that annoy or irritate Julie
- I decided to compile this particular list after the man serving me in my local shop spoke to someone on his mobile (cell) phone throughout the whole transaction he had with me. How rude, I thought.
- I get very annoyed about people from call centres ringing up, obviously from several thousand miles away, and there being a silence between me picking up the phone and the connection. Last week I even had music played to me as if I was on hold. Well I have news, I am not hanging on the phone on the off chance someone who has rung me to sell me something decides to speak!
- On the same topic, they ring you from abroad, proporting to be from your bank or some other fiancial institution and then proceed to ask you personal questions like your date of birth and mothers maiden name. I am desperate to ask for theirs back!
- Something I find extremely disgusting not to mention a health risk is people who spit in the street. There really is no need for such behaviour – use a tissue if you must spit!
- It is not that I am not interested, or that I don’t want England to win the world cup, but newspaper and TV news people please stop being so obsessed by the broken toe of Wayne Rooney. If he is fit to play he will, if he plays well he will, mean time, give us all a break.
- Rude people, and particularly children who have not been taught any manners by their parents irritate me. Most of teen son’s friends are extremely polite, sometimes painfully so, but occasionally you get a child in your house who comes across as rude. Sadly my own brothers children are borderline in that respect, though they are reasonably good with me (I think I am scary!)
- People who complain it is too cold, then that it is too hot when the weather hits 75f for 2 consecutive days annoy me. “Oh it is too humid” or “oh this hot weather is unbearable” they say. No it is not, I spend 9 months of the year waiting for the weather to warm up, stop putting the dampers on it!
- Very skinny people who eat all day yet never put on weight are pretty irritating. Why can’t I be blessed with that kind of metabolism? I only need to think about eating a cake and the extra 2lb is already there.
- On a similar topic, I can’t stand it when women of a certain age and weight wear clothes that so obviously do not fit or suit them. If you have rolls of fat, do not let them hang over low rise jeans or a tight skirt and do not wear a short crop type top with it. To wear such clothes you need to be slim and probably look reasonably young. Of course young is a flexible term!
- Traffic jams. Any one who has read this drivel before will know that I am not good at sitting in traffic jams edging my way home from work. On the same topic I am irritated by drivers who leave it to the last second before merging into a lane and assume (usually rightly) that you will let them in!
- The head of maths of my son’s school has annoyed me this week. Having accused teen son of not submitting an important piece of work (in January if you please, why wait till May to say anything?) offered proof that the work was submitted, no apology is offered. I will be going to see this man soon, I can assure you.
- Christmas arriving too early is annoying. I don’t want to buy Christmas decorations in September or Easter eggs in January for that matter.
- Lastly, I have been trying to finish this before I get up for work, just about made it but I am now running late. My last thing is that I hate running late, so please excuse me if I go now!
Please don’t get me wrong, I am not some grumpy old woman type. For one I am not old, but I know what I like and I know even more just what annoys me.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Please use the autolink and leave a message too.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. ItÂs easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants