|Thirteen Things about Julie’s week
- I am now in the swing of my GI diet (has only taken all year to get motivated!). I have lost 6lb in the last 3 weeks or so by following a programme on e -diets diet and fitness programme. So far so good.
- I hate to admit it, but I actually prefer the new office to the old one. It is bigger, gives more opportunity to see people I need to work with and is very handy (some would say too handy) for the shops.
- Traffic problems have been a feature for all this week. On Tuesday a road closure caused hubbies journey home to be 3 hours long instead of just over 1. He was not a happy bunny!
- Both Tuesday and Wednesday evenings have featured world cup semi final matches which we have been able to watch in a relaxed and chilled manner, rather than the stressful time that is watching the England football team.
- On which subject, why is Wayne Rooney being treated as some kind of poor wounded animal. He got himself sent off, no one else made him stand on the other player and by doing so the writing was pretty much on the wall!
- The glorious, though hot and humit weather has briefly broken. Good thing is though, rain is very good for my garden. Still pretty warm though and hopefully we will see the sun again one day soon!
- Teen son is counting down the days to the end of term (2 weeks and one day and counting). I am looking forward to it for different reasons, better traffic for one thing!
- I have an essay to write for the beginning of September, I haven’t yet done so much as a literature search for it. I really must get on with it (plea to self!)
- Work remains ever so slightly depressing. Yesterdays news was that our current chief executive wasn’t shortlisted for the job in the new PCT. Gloomy times! The new person will be announced in early August. Wonder if it will be the person we have in the interim setting up the new organisation, many fear a conspiracy!
- The Roaccutane teen son started taking last week for his acne is already having an effect I am pleased to say. So far the only side effect is him being more thirsty and having drier skin. He has discovered moisturiser for the first time!
- We have been arranging our hire car for the second part of our holiday which takes place in 4 weeks time – yipee! I have also bought a book about Barcelona (part one of the trip), which has made me pretty excited about the whole thing!
- We are off to see my brother and sister in law at the weekend to try to extract the money for their son’s holiday from them. Wish me luck!
- As you can see, it has been a relatively quiet week. That is pretty much how I like it right now.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. ItÂs easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants