Thirteen Random thoughts for this week
- Autumn is arriving late this year. As I sit in bed typing this, and look out of the window, the leaves on the trees are more green than brown and they are still there.
- The strange seasons this year is going to cause Christmas to creep up. I am on the case though because I intend to buy a few early presents over the weekend and get ahead of myself!
- I am relieved to be having a few days holiday from work, I hadn’t realised how tired I was feeling until I had little energy for anything yesterday. I spent more time than I should have done surfing. I managed to get a pile of ironing done though so all was not lost!
- Today I am taking 3 children to Thorpe Park, my brother has chickened out, claiming lack of sleep having not got in from work till late this morning, but I am still up for it. I have taken various of my nieces and nephews on lots of trips like this over the years. I will be sorry when I have no one to do these things with any more!
- Teen son has been in my bad books over the last week. On Friday night he said he was staying over at a friends and then turned up at 12.45am having walked a couple of miles home! He tells me I shouldn’t worry – easier said than done!
- I am taking him for his dermatology appointment next week, the effect of the roaccutaine has been nothing short of miraculous and he is more confident for it. I am suspicious that there has been recent girl activity but no hard facts yet!
- It is official I am now old. I had an eye test yesterday (following the fuzzy situation) and it is time for the reading glasses / varifocal thing. I have also turned short sighted in one eye having always been long sighted in both. I am definitely becoming most weird (you don’t have to agree with this statement). The monovision thing with the contacts is improving though and I am no longer a danger (in my own opinion).
- I have reading to do for my next assignment, but haven’t quite got myself in the mood for it yet. I have a whole day at home tomorrow so perhaps should put that on my list of things to do. Perhaps the list should contain the things I shouldn’t do, like spending too long blogging and looking at other peoples very interesting blogs!
- Apparently things at work will be sorted out by Christmas, well in terms of job allocations. Some things, like appreciating the full effect of merging people together, will take longer to sort I think. Plus I think we can write 2006/7 off as a year spent doing much other than trying to save money.
- I am back in the swing of blogging since I changed from blogger to wordpress. I am still thinking of getting my own domain so that I can use wordpress to its full effects, but at the moment I think things are fine here.
- I am writing more about NHS / work related things, but then I am finding I have more to say about those things. But that won’t stop be writing about everything else that is happening in my life. I like a bit of balance you understand.
- Nearly every day there is some kind of healthcare related story on the news, usually criticising something (or lots of things) currently being done by Doctors, Nurses or others. I wonder sometimes about the motive for this, and whose agenda this relates to. Today it is about crushing slow release tablets, something all nurses who knew no better at the time are likely to have done. No excuse for it these days as things are better labeled and you would hope people understand more about the effects of this practice.
- Well it is now time I got on with things here, I have lots to do before we go off on our day out and this won’t get it done! I will report back on the days events tomorrow!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!