The latest edition of Change of Shift is up at BlissfulEntropy Erica has chosen a great bunch of nursing blog posts for this weeks edition despite being involved in opening a new hospital ED department next week!
Thirteen Things I like about summer
The weather in the UK has been pretty good over the last few weeks, and it gets you thinking about summer again after those long cold dark days of winter! 13 things then that I like about the summer!
- Long days, I like the fact that you wake up and its light and you come home from work in the light. You feel like the evening is worth doing something with.
- Turning off the heating, we are being over charged for our gas and electricity apparently, well British Gas and others, I will be turning it off and if it is off I won’t be paying you for it!
- Sleeping with the windows open, It may be hot when we go to bed, and uncomfortable and sticky, but there is that lovely period of time early in the morning when the air is much fresher and you bedroom is all the better for that.
- Going for that long walk after dinner. You don’t have to wait for the weekend, you don’t have to wrap up warm, you can just go!
- Planning holidays for that summer break – France for us again this year. We love it and planning it all is half the fun for me.
- Weekend BBQs with family and friends.
- Flowers, don’t you just love all those summer flowers all around the place.
- Less traffic on the roads as people begin their summer holidays, particularly good once school breaks up.
- Sitting in the garden in the evening or after work sipping a lovely glass of chilled rose or perhaps a white shiraz, lovely!
- Wearing less clothes, there is something liberating about not having to wear all of those layers.
- Repeats on TV, ok so this could be a negative, but think of all the programmes you missed that you can catch up on.
- Finishing that dissertation – for me this year I will be free from all of that academia from the end of June (2000 of 20000 written so far!)
- After the end of June then I am looking forward to a sunny Sunday sitting in my garden under my umbrella sipping a lovely glass of wine reading a good novel – bliss. Plus for good measure, the football season will have finished and there is no world cup or European championships to spoil the football free interlude!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants