|Thirteen Things about Things I have learned this week
- It is wise to look in your diary before you leave your house because you might find that you spend an hour travelling (in heavy traffic) in the wrong direction before you find that journey has been wasted
- IT people are really quite normal (I attended a conference with some and found them actually quite interesting people)
- Sometimes your dad can send you a joke and attach to the end a request to please take your mum shopping (makes you look twice at the punchline though)
- If you go out with friends too many times and eat good food and drink wine, it is unlikely you will lose weight
- It is not possible to lose 3lb in 2 hours by going on a step machine, but it is possible to lose 1lb
- The British transport system of trains and underground can be so fantastic that you arrive at your destination at least an hour early!
- 9 months of working in the word of children’s and maternity commissioning can result in some amazing stuff coming out of your mouth (as happened to me today)
- I am not so good at working from home these days, I tried it this afternoon but struggled with motivation
- At the same time you should read up on your subject (if you don’t know much about it) before posting a blog
- The BBC makes some very good dramas (this is not new information) and Cranford is my favorite right now
- 16 year old boys want to be taxied around more than they did when they were 10, perhaps being so old makes your legs ache?
- Writing Christmas cards is quite boring, which is why I am doing mine in 2 halves
- Thursday 13 is fun, I wonder why there is such a gap between numbers 12 and 13!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants